Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fifth of July Everyone!

Yeah, maybe missed that update by one day. It happens.
So, Adam had intended to let you know what we were doing when we were in California, while we were there. Instead we got sucked into situation and activity after situation and activity. California is a busy place.
We never made it to the Monterey Aquarium like we had intended. We couldn't get a hold of our friend back home Busher for the potential hook up there, and we also had to be at a party for Adam's childhood friend that started in as much time it would take to get there. So we decided against it. I'm okay with the decision, we'd later get to go to the San Diego zoo.
We made it to the party a bit after it had started. They were playing a game called Sloshball, which to condense, is drinking kickball with a waterslide. You drink, you kick, you run, you drink, you run, you slide. Water balloons and kegs included.
AFter the game of Sloshball and an eventless run in with the cops, we headed back to Pat and Megan's place, two of Adam's three childhood best friends. We hung out there for a long while, talked with the two of them, Jodi, their mother, Brittany, the third of three childhood best friends, Oliver, Brittany's boyfriend, and I believe Gorin (though I have absolutely no clue how the hell you would spell that).
Afterward Brittany, Oliver, Adam, Aaron and I went to get Megan a birthday cake. She wouldn't remember it, but it was fucking delicious.
We got to the bar the party had moved to, a place called the Dubliner. We would drink a bit and celebrate Megan's birthday, and I would wind up stuck to the face of a cute girl at the bar. Her name was Ida, it was perfectly innocent (probably TMI, huh mom?).
We headed home after that and I slept like a log.
The next day Megan and Brittany would take us to a pool. We sat around a hot pool in the hot California sun and got hot sun burns while surrounded by lots of hot girls.
But now I'm being called to go to dinner. So I'll try to do this a bit quicker.
After the pool we hung out at Megan and Pat's, then later went to a party full of drama. The kind of drama we weren't involved in at all, so it was almost comical.
The following day we went to Hollywood. We saw the stars and went for a walk, and did you know that Marilyn Monroe had just the tiniest feet?
We then went to Venice beach and I think I fell in love with it. If all goes wrong and I become a bum I at least know where I'm going.
And I'll tell more later. Dinner time.
Love from the road.
Signed,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment